Hydro excavation is known to be a low impact, clean excavation method which is performed by exercising high pressure water or air to dig up a hole. Hydro excavation is also referred to as digging non-destructive approach and it is a specifically designed hose vacuums and it throws out the accumulated debris into a holding tank which will later be disposed. The pressure of water is mostly kept between 2000 psi – 10000 psi and is generally applied through debris or handguns vectored into a portable standby tank.
The digging non destructive system greatly reduces the probability of harming or destroying underground utilities, hence delaying the project and sustaining additional costs for repairs. This approach helps to securely and carefully excavate, leaving behind serious infrastructure like gas, sewer, as well as water lines together with the telecommunication and the power cables in proper position.
Why should one utilize this technique?
Even though it is advantageous to proficiently trace buried utilities before digging, site utility and as-built drawings can misinform or deceive the actual utility or for example, the kind and the number of pipe underground. At the same time mechanical digging also comes with the danger of bumping into underground pipes and cables which have been formerly dented or broken down and been covered during previous work. Damages can result in chipping out millions of dollars. This is the reason why hydro excavation or non-destructive digging turns out anytime being much more secure and safe rather than opting out for mechanical techniques of excavation.
In fact, this technique can also be utilized potholes together with depict underground utilities such as cables or pipes before progressing ahead with construction and trenching. Thus it causes negligible injury or harm at the same time the utility is not much disturbed.
Its Uses or benefits:
Apart from locating, authenticating and categorizing underground services, diminishing the cost of operation and reducing danger of destroying existing buried infrastructure, hydro excavation can be highly beneficial in:
• Barrier installation done securely
• road signs, street or signal
• Pedestrian management bollards, light erection, power pole, and for alignment purpose.
• pre-drilling measures, and
• Landscape planting and for removal of trees and remediation.
A few of the other advantages are:
• Conducting an extremely accurate operation,
• Condensed operator costs,
• Executing a controlled procedure and procedure,
• Reducing remediation expenses (backfilling on things which have been eliminated/ removed),
• The number of crew members needed is few at the same time,
• When spot digging is done, the work is no more time consuming,
• It also lays a very less impact on the surroundings,
• Lesser chance of damage done to the tree roots, to atmosphere that is sensitive and to protected region as well.